Friday, July 8, 2011

Peaches and Cream Muffins

Oh my! When we were visiting Griffin the last week my grandmother made a run over to Dickie's Peach Orchard. She brought me back a large box of peaches which I brought home and sat right in my kitchen floor. I have had such a busy, busy week and it didn't occur to me to " do something" with them. So today when I started peeling and slicing they were overly ripe!

I managed to salvage about 1 quart and 2 cups that my sweet husband had not refrigerated. A couple of Internet searches later and I found an easy peaches and cream muffin recipe. Now I never prepare anything exactly from a recipe....so here is my version! Trust me, you will love this!!!!!

Peaches and Cream Muffins

2 cups Self Rising Flour
1 cup sour cream
1 stick melted butter
2 tablespoons vanilla
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
2 cups diced peaches w/ juice

Preheat oven to 350 and grease or line muffin pan.

Mix in a large bowl flour, sugar, sour cream , butter, vanilla, agave nectar, stir lightly, fold in peaches and juice until just mixed.

Bake for 20 - 30 min or until golden brown.

Serve warm!!! I would add some vanilla ice cream on the side if I had any.

I generally only use fresh, or fresh frozen peaches, the flavor is better than canned. Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious and I will probably try these this afternoon. Keep up the good food ideas!

    ReplyDelete