Friday, July 8, 2011

Searching the Family Tree

I know, I know this isn't a recipe! I am not done with the recipe box either, but I find that I phase projects like this. I fully intend to get back to loading recipes everyday :)

I started this whole project in an effort to make all the recipes available to all the family, so I will most definitely finish that one day.....

Right now I am heading down another path. It started when my son begin working on his genealogy merit badge in boy scouts, I became curious about all the many, many things I do not know about our family history. So for now my obsession is searching out information.

I know it sounds so silly, but when someone says, " Oh, so and so is working on that, call them. They have all the information." I think to myself, "No!" I don't want to just have the work someone else has done, I want to do my own research. I want to uncover the stories, not just names and dates and places of birth, death, marriage.

I am such a crazy romantic at heart that I want to know all the family stories, and the sad thing is most of the people who know those stories are no longer with us.

I will let you in on a little secret that I found, Gertrude Glover and Albert Franklin Cook lived together before they got married!!!! I know shocking isn't it???? Actually not very, it turns out that Daddy Cook worked on Franklin Glover's farm and it was to far to commute so he was a boarder. Now if I only knew all the juicy details of how Gertrude Glover became Mama Cook :)

Hey if you know those details, let me know !!!!

Love to all of you,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment